Sunday, November 20, 2011

Second Annual Deck Show

Last night, the ILL'N Club's 2nd annual Deck Show opened at The Fall Gallery & Tattoo. It was a great night, and I was very impressed by the quantity (125 boards, ladies and gentlemen!) and quality of the work. I took a lot of pictures and posted the prettiest because I'm a horrible photographer.

Perhaps the only thing that bothered me was that our piece (mine was a collab with my roommate Laura Nisbet) was hung upside down. It was a bit too late to fix this when we got there, but oh well. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in the next couple of days. 

Because most of these pictures were taken when the boards hadn't been labeled yet ( I got there pretty early), I don't know most of the artists/titles. If you see your work here, drop me a line in a comment so I can add your name, and title of your piece. 


Work by Jenna Brown (far left, blue background)

"Hooters Gonna Hoot" by Rachel Shneyer (bottom)




Work by Leira Zamfirescu (far left), Alice Vogelaar (bleeding bird on white background), and Devin Rosychuk (green and pink skull design)



Two boards (the pirate and the creatures in the city) by Durwin Talon and Guin Thompson

 The piece with the snake was made by Nomi Chi, who also works as a tattoo artist at The Fall.



WHY IS EVERYTHING SO NICE


"A Deck of Birds", by Laura Nisbet and myself (colorful one next to the doughnuts). From a completely different angle.
Let's just call it abstract art.





We got a really good amount of people :D
Must've been the great art + the bar!



Not sure who made this, but I found it lovely.



My board from the last show, I regret not
retouching the colours :/ They could've used
a revamp!

Close-up for vanity



"Gentlemen" by Sinan Demirer (middle, with the pigs)


"Marie Antoinette" by Rebecca Rochon (middle, pink background)


I want to buy this doughnuty board and eat it!

If you're interested in purchasing any of these pieces, they're on sale until the end of January at The Fall, in Downtown Van.

No comments:

Post a Comment